June 22, 2012

Sewing Swimsuits

I've just started sewing swimsuits (um, last month!) and I love it!  It really IS easy - no joke!  This suit for Lucy was made from a remnant at Joann's for 1.83!  The great thing about swimsuits is they take so little fabric and the stretch is very forgiving. 


Lucy looks so Parisian with the red tie on the front.  The swimsuit has been a big hit and she asks to wear it first thing in the morning.

If there is interest, I'll scan and upload the pattern I made.  I also have made a suit for myself but I'm wary about posting a photo!  We'll see.

Harriet also has a suit in the works.  She seems like more of a bikini girl.  I think I'll add some ruffles too!


3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!!! I have fabric for a swimsuit for my daughter sitting and ready to cut out, I just haven't had time to get to it!! I'd love tips for encasing the swimsuit elastic and I would love to see yours(!)- maybe on a dress form if you're feeling shy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...to have a dress form. My dress form is ME! But I did take a photo. I'll upload the photos and some tips (hopefully tomorrow). I like that the swimsuits sew up so fast!

      Delete
  2. Would love to see the pattern and use for my little girl :) Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...